
Let me introduce the Readeez program to you. This is a DVD that is perfect for auditory learners. There are 30 songs, depicted in cartoon form, with the words popping up on the screen. Your child can read the words while being read to. I loved it. My children love it. If you have a child that is struggling with reading, this could help you a lot.
My son taught himself how to read. He did so by reading the small, close captioned print on the tv. I would set his tv for closed captioned when he was having a marathon movie day. One of these days would consist of one or two movies being played over and over.
I asked my son what he thought of using this program to learn how to read. He thought it was “a great idea”. Very high praise coming from him. I love the two main characters in the cartoons, Julian and Isabel. I also enjoyed the songs that were not done as a cartoon. My children do not have a favorite song yet, but my daughter is leaning towards “The Itsy Bitsy Spider” and my son “Lightning Sandwich.”
You can view some of this DVD on their website. I encourage you to do so. Guess what? I’ve saved the best news for last. Michael Rachap, President of The Readeez Company, is donating Readeez DVDs for a giveaway. Yeah! There will be three winners for this giveaway.
This Giveaway will run from January 26, 2009 to January 30, 2009. The winner will be announced on January 31, 2009. Below are rules for entering this giveaway. Good luck.
• MAIN RULE – Visit Readeez and come back here to comment on what your favorite song is. (remember if this rule is not followed then no others will count)
• 1 Extra Entry - Stumble this post and leave your Stumble name (I will be checking) in a separate comment
• 1 Extra Entry - Favorite AutismLearningFelt on Technorati and leave your name (I will be checking) in a separate comment
* 1 Extra Entry - Twitter this giveaway and leave your twitter name in a separate comment
• 1 Extra Entry - Follow my blog let me know in a separate comment
• 2 Extra Entries - Write a post on your blog linking to my blog and Readeez, and let me know in a separate comment.
Good luck.

39 comments:
Hi, Thank you for letting us know about this great series. I really enjoyed watching several of the videos, sent the url to both sets of grandkids, and am looking forward to playing them with them! My personal favorite was, "Take Me Out to The Ballgame" as that is a song I enjoy singing with them already. I also enjoyed 10 Little Isabels, How Bout That Cow, Brrr... I can't stop! :) Thanks again for the heads up on it, and for the fun contest!
Just Stumbled this article/site at http://kayesi.stumbleupon.com/ :) Here tis: You discovered 7 seconds ago•
This site is an excellent resource for parents and grandparents of children with autism. This particular article leads to another excellent resource, Redeez,where you can find an educational DVD to help children learn to read by hearing and seeing the words in an interesting manner. Useful for children with autism, learning disabilities, homeschoolers, and even regular classrooms.
Hi Tammy.
I have posted your contest on Sited and Blogged.
Thanks
Just added your blog to my RSS Feed Reader through Google :)
Thanks Harriet. I'm glad you entered my giveaway Kaye. There will be three winners for this. My kids love this DVD and I am so happy to be able to share it with others. Please check in each week, as I have more wonderful giveaways lined up.
Hi, I just wrote about this site and contest at my blog, SandwichINK - http://budurl.com/Cntsts4Grandparents :)
Thanks Tammy - I'm looking forward to hearing about them :)
Also, I just tweeted about this :) :) :)
Have a blessed day!
Kaye
Thanks for this information. I have a grand-daughter with autism and I feel that this product will be very useful.
thankyou for this site- take me out to the ballgame is my favorite
I like Take Me oUt to the Ballgame
I like circle and a square...neat program! thanks for the chance, justicecw@hotmail.com
Take Me oUt to the Ballgame
A pleasent movie.
legab67156[at]gmail.com
My favorite is the Sandy Beach song.
take me out to the ballgame
I like Sandy Beach a lot! Thanks!
ariella at blight dot com
I am a subscriber.
I like "Take me out to the ballgame". What a nice and fun contest. I would love to win.
flinflanbeach@gmail.com
Wow - just found your site and blog and love it! My son loves the closed captioning on the TV too - he's 7 and nonverbal so we do not know if he is reading, but he gets very close to the screen and stares at the letters. I think this product would be right up his alley! And since he loves water - I think Sandy Beach would really appeal to him - and I love it too! Thanks for putting all these neat things in one place - now I can refer all the grandmas and aunties to one place when they ask "What would Liam like for his birthday?"
cathy54321 at hotmail dot com
I really like these Readeez. My daughter loves music. She is mostly nonverbal but she will sing songs. I really like the Sandy Beach song. Thanks for letting me know about Readeez.
I like How 'bout that cow.
I am so happy that so many new people have found my blog and enjoy it. I wish everyone who has entered this contest good luck. Be sure to check back in the coming weeks as I have several great giveaways and product reviews scheduled.
I would guess that my kids' favorite song would be The Itsy Bitsy Spider. They arent really familiar with the rest (yet). The Redeez DVDs look great.
Loved Take Me Out To The Ballgame.
clarkmurdock@yahoo.com
I like Take Me oUt to the Ballgame. Thanks for the chance to win.
erma.hurtt@sbcglobal.net
Thank you for posting this information. I really appreciate it! Sandy Beach is my pick.
My son is autistic as well - highly functioning but still needs a lot of support.
Great blog and giveway. I hope you have an awesome day! Thanks again ;-) Amy (amyinkamloops *AT* gmail.com)
My favorite is How 'Bout that Cow. Thanks for the giveaway!
I stumbled, helenabatt
I faved you on technorati.
I tweeted, http://twitter.com/helenabatt/status/1162424480
I followed on blogger.
I blogged, http://giveawayzgalore.blogspot.com/2009/01/autismlearningfelt-readeez-giveaway.html
i like sandy beach :)
I like "take me out to the ballgame."
ktgonyea at gmail.com
Sandy Beach is my favorite. garrettsambo@aol.com
I love ten little isabels!! This looks like an amazing program. Thanks for the heads up.
kayceewilliams at gmail dot com
Im a follower!
kayceewilliams at gmail dot com
I faved you on Technorati! (username:iloveyouhecried)
kayceewilliams at gmail dot com
I love Sandy Beach!
Post a Comment