Adonya Wong's Virtual Book Tour

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I am so happy to have Adonya Wong stop by my blog during her blog tour. Hopefully, you have been following her tour and are already familiar with her book “In My Mind.” If not, let me tell you about it. It is a children’s book that gives you a peek at what may going on in the mind of a child with autism. I read this book and cried. It is like I was reading about my son. I highly recommend this book for parents, educators, and any professional that may need the perfect way of introducing a young child with autism to a new group of children.
I had the opportunity to ask Adonya a couple of questions and you can read them and her answers, below.:

How old is Nicholas?
7, turns 8 in March.

Does he communicate verbally or with pec symbols or gestures?
He communicates very well but not always in full dialogue. We're working on conversation, and we're forever amazed but what he puts together without the use of PECS or gestures.

Are you going to do another book soon?
I do have plans to publish more books. I'm currently with a Print-On-Demand publisher which has been good for the 1st go-round. However, I'll be seeking a traditional publisher for my subsequent books. I'd like the experience of having an agent and so forth. :)

What does your son do for fun?
Nicholas loves trains which is why our Christmas getaway was geared around all things that went choo choo.

What are his hobbies?
He loves to draw as we go through about 6 - 7 Doodle Pros a year. He also loves to sing Bob Marley songs and with passion. I've noticed a dramatic improvement in his speech since being introduced to his music. We'll be adding music and art lessons in 2009 because of his high interest in both.

What activity do the two of you do together that brings you the most joy?
I love it when the family snuggles in bed at night, and I read the latest selection. Nicholas has shown greater interest in chapter books these days which has broadened our nightly selections.

Thanks, Adonya, for stopping by. Tomorrow, she will be wrapping up the tour at her own blog, so be sure to stop by!

To learn more about Adonya and her book, In My Mind, please visit her at www.throughtheeyesofautism.com and www.throughtheeyesofautism.wordpress.com!


Adonya's book is available at Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com, Books-A-Million.com, Borders.com, Target.com, as well as a bookstore near you!


In My Mind: The World through the Eyes of Autism (Tate Publishing 2009)
Published: January 6, 2009
Genre: Children’s Fiction
ISBN 10: 1-60696-601-4
ISBN 13: 978-1-60696-601-3
28 Pages (full-color paperback)
$9.99 (includes audio book version)

A portion of the author’s proceeds benefit Autism Center of Tulsa (formerly Tulsa Autism Foundation) http://www.autismtulsa.org!

5 comments:

Dadof6Autistickids said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Adonya. I've learned so much from your tour. Would you take all the comments and your answers to questions and put it into an ebook? I think it would make a great companion to the book.

Anonymous said...

Hi John!

Thanks again for stopping by, and what an lovely suggestion!

Looks like I have another project to work on. :D

Adonya

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Tammy, for hosting the last day of my little tour.

Words cannot fully express my gratitude! :)

Adonya

Adonya Wong
Author | Autism Blogger | Twitterer

L. Venkata Subramaniam said...

No I am hearing of her book from your blog here. I had never heard of her before. This looks like a very good book. Nicholas seems like a very interesting child.

 
ss_blog_claim=efd97d1ec2b9f052d4d71216f85a691f ss_blog_claim=7ed72c83a68d9f2d5c811eae5436d4f4