Explore Winter Book Review

Thursday, November 5, 2009








It’s the perfect time of year for this book review. It is titled Explore Winter, written by Maxine Anderson and illustrated by Alexis Frederick - Frost. The book is geared for children ages 6 - 9 or grades 1 - 4. I like getting books that combine learning by reading with learning by doing. This is one of those books.

If you are a homeschooler, this would be a good book to use with your young child. There are activities, projects and experiments for you to use using items from around your home. I like that more and more, authors are taking to doing this. When I have to go out and buy a lot of things to do activities in a book, it tends to put me off buying the book.

My favorite activity in this book is freezing distilled water. It is really cool. Explaining why water freezes or why it is cold in the winter and hot in the summer can be difficult for me. I was never a science person. This book helps me explain things in terms that my son will understand. It also gives us fun things to do to illustrate the concepts of winter.

Explore Winter is available in stores and costs $12.95. This book is one ia a series of children’s educational books. Others available are Great Civil War Projects You Can Build Yourself, Amazing Leonardo da Vinci Inventions You Can Build Yourself, and Explore Spring!

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=efd97d1ec2b9f052d4d71216f85a691f ss_blog_claim=7ed72c83a68d9f2d5c811eae5436d4f4