YO GABBA GABBA! LIVE: There's a Party In My City

Tuesday, October 27, 2009


















Much to my daughter's surprise (and joy), I was sent the following to review and keep: YO GABBA GABBA! Meet My Family DVD, YO GABBA GABBA! MUSIC IS AWESOME! CD, and YO GABBA GABBA! Christmas in Gabba Land children's book.

I liked them all. YO GABBA GABBA! is one of the few children's shows that teach important life lessons that children can immitate. The DVD helps children understand that it is okay to be shy around new people. It also illustrates how your child can try to overcome this. My daughter has difficulties in social situations, so I like that this addresses this issue.

The CD is great for listening to in the car when your children are driving you crazy. It may get annoying for the adult in the car, but we all make sacrifices. My kids like it and it gives me a little peace and quiet.

The book is neat. I have not showed it to my daughter. I intend to give it to her closer to Christmas. My favorite feature of this hard page book is the two places it has to insert your child's picture. I also like that the characters make each others Christmas presents at the end. This is something we are going to be doing this year and I look forward to it. I also like the fact that I can use this book to explain that Christmas isn't about buying things at the store.

Below is information about the Yo Gabba Gabba! show on Nick Jr. Below that, you will find information about their upcoming Live shows, as well as a link to their site for more information on how to obtain tickets. They are still adding locations for the shows, so if you don't see a location near you, keep checking back.


Yo Gabba Gabba! on Nick Jr. Information

Andy Samberg, The Roots and MGMT were among the celeb guests who appeared with the Yo Gabba Gabba! gang during a week of new episodes, which aired Monday, Oct. 12 – Friday, Oct. 16 on *Nick Jr (*formerly named NOGGIN). Additional guest stars appearing throughout the premiere week included hip-hop legend Biz Markie, teaching preschoolers how to beat box in the recurring “Biz’s Beat of the Day” segment, singer/illustrator/composer Mark Mothersbaugh (DEVO) in the recurring “Mark’s Magic Pictures” drawing segment, skateboarder Ray Barbee and musical guests Reeve Oliver, Lady Tigra and Little Ones. Yo Gabba Gabba!, currently shooting its third season, is created by Christian Jacobs and Scott Schultz and is produced by The Magic Store and W!LDBRAIN. The series airs daily at 1:00 p.m., 1:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. (ET/PT) on Nick Jr. These episodes will be replayed so you can still catch them if you missed!



YO GABBA GABBA! LIVE: There's a Party In My City




Hey, Everybody!

Yo Gabba Gabba! Live: There's a Party In My City is coming your way! Come see DJ Lance, Muno, Foofa, Brobee, Toodee and Plex live on stage.

Tickets are on sale now!! Visit: GabbaTix and Ticketmaster.com.

Monday, 10/19 4:18pm ET: New tickets just released in LA!!
Tickets that were previously held for production reasons have just been released for sale on Ticketmaster.com.

Date, City, Venue,
Saturday, Nov. 14, Los Angeles, The Shrine Expo Hall

Sunday, Nov. 15, Los Angeles, The Shrine Expo Hall

Saturday, Nov. 21, New York, Beacon Theatre

Saturday, Dec. 5, Chicago, Rosemont Theatre

Children under one year of age will be admitted free to sit on a parent’s lap. One child per lap please.

2 comments:

Robin Hartman said...

What a great review. I'm going to have to check out this book for a possible Christmas gift for my nephew who loves Yo Gabba-Gabba. I love that it teaches to move past the buying and selling of Christmas gifts.

I wonder what they end up making for each other at the end. This year, I picked up an ornament kit for my kids to make their Christmas gifts. It's such an important lesson, the simplicity and true meaning of Christmas. And, so hard to teach at this age.

Thanks again for a great review!

Sherri said...

Very cool. My kids will watch bits and pieces of the show. Elise LOVES it far more than Gannon, but still....its kinda fun.

Graet review!

 
ss_blog_claim=efd97d1ec2b9f052d4d71216f85a691f ss_blog_claim=7ed72c83a68d9f2d5c811eae5436d4f4