Happy Tuesday and Happy Paperwork!

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I don't know about you other moms, but one of the things that makes me happier is sorting and organizing.  There's a sense of accomplishment in knowing things are in order at least in one area of my chaotic world.

This morning I have been finalizing the end of my daughter's 10th grade year of homeschooling.  I had to sort through and throw away old test keys, old classwork, old informational pages, and pile up books we will no longer need to send some other lucky homeschool mom.  It took me about 3 hours, but I actually ended up with empty cabinet space.

Learning which paperwork to keep and which can be thrown away took some inner discipline as well as knowing what would still be necessary later on.  It's really hard to chunk potentially needed papers/books.  But, being a book addict, I know I will have those replaced in no time!  We are heavy readers around my house.  One of the incentives to getting rid of unneeded books and paperwork is the fact that somewhere there is another mother in dire need of what I have.  Since I love to pass on great information and help others, it makes it easier to let go.

Who says we have to wait until spring to take charge of our messes?  A happy mom makes for a happier household.  Get busy and good luck, ladies!

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=efd97d1ec2b9f052d4d71216f85a691f ss_blog_claim=7ed72c83a68d9f2d5c811eae5436d4f4