ALEIA'S Gluten Free Products Review

Wednesday, August 26, 2009



My kids love cookies. Don’t yours? Although my son isn’t on a gluten free diet, I do like to incorporate gluten free items into his diet. It’s healthier for him. Also, since my daughter is a little cookie monster, giving her a cookie that is made of all natural, gluten free and wheat free ingredients makes me feel better.

ALEIA’S sent me the following items to review for my site:

Bread Crumbs
Croutons
Coconut Macaroon cookies
Almond Horn cookies

The croutons were too hard for us to eat with a salad, but they were great dropped into a bowl of tomato soup. The croutons made a great topping for my Chicken Divan casserole. Finally, the cookies were yummy. I savored each bite of the Almond Horn cookie. I kept thinking that they needed a special drink to dip them into, but I couldn’t think of the right one. Milk works, but I wanted something special.

We all really enjoyed the Coconut Macaroon cookies. They were moist and tasty. My kids wanted to cobble down all the cookies, but I made them limit the amount they ate each day. All of ALEIA’S products are gluten free. Some are also dairy free, but everything is manufactured in the same facility. The bread crumbs and croutons they sent me include milk in the ingredients. The cookies do not. Since they are all manufactured in the same facility, the company can not label casein free on these cookies. Their products listed on the ALEIA’S website includes the ingredients for each one.

ALEIA’S also makes two different types of breads, Farmhouse White and Cinnamon Raisin. Currently, you can find their products at select stores in the North East United States, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, and Rhode Island. You can visit their locations page to find out what stores carry ALEIA’S products.

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=efd97d1ec2b9f052d4d71216f85a691f ss_blog_claim=7ed72c83a68d9f2d5c811eae5436d4f4