The Stapler Caper Book Review

Saturday, May 23, 2009

I was sent The Stapler Caper to review with my children. This book is a great idea for promoting writing and creativity. It is 28 pages that are set up with two colorful pictures on each page and lines underneath to use to write the story.

At the front of the book is an introduction of the characters that are in the pictures. My daughter took to it immediately. She claimed it as hers. My son thought he was too old for it, but was willing to try it out. He typed out the beginning of a story and then lost interest in it. He did "tell" me that he thought the book was "good." My daughter has written several different stories in the book. I told her she had to use a pencil, that way she could erase and write new stories.

I am not giving up on using this book with my son. Yes, he is intellectually too old for it, but he isn't very imaginative. He doesn't engage in imaginary play. I am hoping that using this book with him will improve on that. It won't be easy and will take time to see progress. I am used to that. Slow and steady wins the race.
For more information or to purchase The Stapler Caper, you can visit their site www.thestaplercaper.com

2 comments:

jijie said...

Thanks for the visit, I also grabbed you button. have a nice weekend!

jijie said...

Thanks for visitng our sissy's pastime ang grabbing our badges, i grabbed your badge too

 
ss_blog_claim=efd97d1ec2b9f052d4d71216f85a691f ss_blog_claim=7ed72c83a68d9f2d5c811eae5436d4f4