
This is one of those products that is great if your child is willing to use it. The b-Calm comes with instructions, audio player, one pair of over the head headphones, one pair of earbud style headphones, and a built in rechargeable battery. If your child will not tolerate wearing either type of headphones, you can plug speakers into the player. My son won’t tolerate the headphones. We tried numerous times. In the end, we plugged in the speakers and that worked well with him. The battery needs to be charged before you can use the player. This is easily accomplished by plugging it into your computer. It does come with the cord you need to do this.
After you have charged up the battery, and before you try to play the b-Calm, I recommend reading the directions. They are short and easy to understand. The reason I suggest this is because my husband tried to operate it without reading the directions. He could not get it to work, and complained and complained. I asked him if he had read the directions, and he gave me that look (you know the one) and continued to fiddle around with it to get it to play. I went and picked up the directions, read them, and immediately knew why he wasn’t able to get it to work.
The b-Calm has a “HOLD” switch on the side. This little switch does not turn it on or off. It is for disabling the buttons on the face of the b-Calm. This way, once you have it set to play one or all of the tracks, (each track is 30 minutes in length) you can turn the switch to the ON position and your child can push the buttons all he wants. Nothing will happen, unless your child discovers the little switch on the side. I didn’t have a problem with that. To turn the player on initially, you make sure that the switch is set on OFF, hold down the center button on the face of the player until you see it flash on.
There are 3 tracks on my b-Calm player, Summer Forest, Spring Rain and Tropical Beach. They have just added a new track to it called Sunday Drive. Each one is soothing and calming. For me, I loved using it as a way to relax. Putting the headphones on, laying down on the couch, and blocking out the noise in my house is a luxury for me. I use it for my son when he is doing school work. It helps concentrate on what he is doing. My son has extremely sensitive hearing. He hears everything. My husband and I can not even go outside to talk privately. He still hears us. (We do a lot of writing.) The b-Calm helps my son to be able to focus more on his task.
You can find out the technical and science behind b-Calm on their site. I just know that it works for us. I am happy to be able to do a giveaway for this player on my site. One b-Calm system will be given away to one of my lucky readers. Yeah!
This Giveaway will run from May 10, 2009 to May 15, 2009. The winners will be announced on May 16, 2009. This giveaway is for USA only. Below are rules for entering this giveaway. Good luck.
• MAIN RULE – Leave a comment telling me who you would give this to(or if you are going to keep it for yourself. (remember if this rule is not followed then no others will count) This gives you one entry.
For additional entries, you can do any or all of the following:
• 1 Extra Entry - Stumble this post and leave your Stumble name (I will be checking) in a separate comment
• 1 Extra Entry - Favorite AutismLearningFelt on Technorati and leave your name (I will be checking) in a separate comment
* 1 Extra Entry - Twitter this giveaway and leave your twitter name in a separate comment
• 1 Extra Entry - Follow my blog let me know in a separate comment
• 2 Extra Entries - Write a post on your blog linking to my blog, and let me know in a separate comment

79 comments:
I would give this to my son, so that his mind can be at ease and he will be able to concentrate on things better.Ever since Hurricane Katrina hit new orleans and we had to move, things have not been the same for him.I wish everyone out there good luck at winning this wonderful prize
I would give this to my teenage friend who has Autism. She has trouble sleeping. Thanks for the giveaway!
meredycat*lycos*com
follower.
meredycat*lycos*com
Tweet! https://twitter.com/meredycat/status/1760624875
meredycat*lycos*com
i would give this to my 4yo daughter with SID. it would help her so much. she uses on during OT once a week, and it helps her alot! but we cant afford one
stumbled MorTiffyAbrahams
I would give this to my 11 yr old daughter,she has autism.
my son could really use this, if he could not handle it I would pass it on
MFJ:
I would give this to my step-mother, who always has trouble slowing down and calming down when it is time to sleep.
watson(at)zerostreet(dot)net
Great for kids who "hear too much."
how interesting... I would probably try it in my home first (daughter with add) if it doesn't seem to do anything here, I'd pass it down the line through my other daughters friends/connections dealing with autism...
rss subscriber & follower
My son and I have SID and we could both benefit from this program. Thanks.
I'd let my son use this to help him focus and I'd use it to help me relax.
I would give this to my 3yo daughter. We are going on a trip next month and spending lots of time in planes and cars. This would be the perfect solution.
I would keep this for myself until my daughter got old enough to use it.
If I am lucky enough to w3in this, I would give it to my 14 yr old Grandsons who has Aspergers in the hopes it would help him to concentrate on his task at hand as he tends to be real fidgety. Thanks for the chance to win this wonderful tool.
prpldy (at) comcast.net
I follow you on twitter... user name PRPLDY and tweeted:
https://twitter.com/prpldy/status/1764737710
prpldy (at) comcast.net
I probably need this system for myself to help ease me into my nightly sleep. Please accept my entry. Thank you.
really could use this myself
I would give this to my daughter because she loves the sound machine I have!
Thanks
Sarah
believedreamcourage (at) gmail.com
Unless I find someone who could use this, I would most likely keep it for myself.
My kids are too little for this yet- but I would use it! I need the relaxation with 2 toddlers!
cassandra@aubut.net
I would give this to my son, in hopes it would work with his ADHD.
This would be great for my grandson Wyatt who is diagnosed with a form of autism.
Blog follower.
I would give this to my son, this would help with the "sensory overload" in public places.
I would give it to my little boy who has attention problems. Awesome giveaway!
I'm a follower!
I would give this to my son, so he could fall asleep
momofnoah (at) hotmail (dot) com
i'd give this to youngest
My mom, I thing she needs it sometime when she all stressed out.
I'd give it to my son, if we get it and it works well for him I might get another one for my daughter. They aren't autistic but she is developmentally challenged and he has ADHD (and I've been told he "shows many symptoms" of Asperger's). He has a hard time getting to sleep at night and she sometimes gets very stressed out about things.
I would give this to my 8 year old son who is autistic,...seems like something that he would really enjoy!
I'd love to win this prize, thanks for sponsoring this.
2kidsblogger(at)gmail(dot)com
I am following!
2kidsblogger(at)gmail(dot)com
I'd definitely give this to my husband, who is in his first grueling year of law school. He could sure use a relaxing break from our rambunctious little boy!
need this to calm for sleep
I would give this to my son who rocks when he is sleepy, he has autism and this would help him go to sleep.
letessha@yahoo.com
I am a follower.
letessha@yahoo.com
blogging about your giveaway on Blogger.
I'd give it to my little boy. If he wouldn't/couldn't use it, I'd give it to my niece.
iluvchrisnlevi@aol.com
I would love the chance to win,thanks.
erma.hurtt@sbcglobal.net
I would love to win this. I would give to my son who is sensitive to noise and has a difficult time calming himself down. He gets so frustrated with being overwhelmed. I confess that I would be tempted to use it myself - I am not that good at turning off my busy little brain;)
laura
I would love to win this for my son. Thanks so much for the chance to win such a helpful product.
I would love to be entered for this. I would give this to my friend who son is autistic and she herself could not afford such a wonderful item.
Tweet! Planetearthb http://twitter.com/PlanetEarthb
following your blog !
Peace,
Kelly
stumbled your page !! Violetsky1216
nice!
I would use this with my grandson. I believe its just the thing he needs!!! Thanks for the chance! :)
I follow! :)
would give this to my friend
My mom needs this to help her relax at night. I hope I can win it for her.
renee
yeloechikee at hotmail dot com
i would give this to my nephew myles who has asperger's. he's very musical and he loves to dance and sing. this would be very calming for him.
I think my daughter would benefit from this on a daily basis. I think I'd probably use it, too, when the neighborhood dogs get to me. lol
Stumbled the post - choochoo428
I follow your blog.
Tweeted: http://twitter.com/choochoo428/status/1804617768
Hiya Tammy! I'd use this for my son, Gus. He responds well to music and sound, so I wouldn't be surprised if it helped him. We've tried similar things with varying levels of success too.
Tweeted also: http://twitter.com/AutismInsights/status/1805065838
And followed!
~Andrea
This would be great for my son. Thanks for the chance, justicecw@hotmail.com
I think this might be just the item we're looking for our my step-son Quentin who is autistic. We had a meeting at school yesterday and while he's doing much better in his class, there are times when he still needs a little help when things don't go the way he plans.
IF this actually helps, I'm not trying to be selfish but it would be for our family. And if it actually works, I wouldn't hesitate to share the news with others who could benefit from it! :)
mcj4tlj@comcast.net
Tweeted! Twitter name: theinsanewriter
I would love to present this to my nephew who is not autistic, but he has ADHD and I really think this would help to keep him calm and relaxed more. He is on meds, and they seem to have made some difference, but ultimately is it he who makes up his mind how much he wants to allow them to work, at least that's how my sister explains it to me. It's hard when my nephew is around my children because my kids are so calm and always are able to occupy themselves quietly with their toys and games and I would love to be able to help my sister out in some way, and perhaps this will help. Thanks so much for the chance to enter.
joannaonthelake@gmail.com
I Twittered, here's the link:
http://twitter.com/joannaonthelake/status/1808280092
joannaonthelake@gmail.com
I Stumbled! My username is joannaonthelake and here is the link:
http://joannaonthelake.stumbleupon.com/review/32838892/
joannaonthelake@gmail.com
Blog follower, joannaonthelake
joannaonthelake@gmail.com
I would keep this for myself. I work nights & sleep during the day. Sometimes that is difficult; maybe this would help.
jwright (at) iowatelecom (dot) net
I would use this for my son with ASD and my daughter with ADD. Focus is their biggest hindrance in learning and I believe the BCalm can help both of them to calm down and get through their schoolwork.
I twittered it! twitter.com/kmarvel
This is pretty cool. I think I'd share it with my daughter. It would be great for her when she is doing homework. I'd like to use it when I am trying to read and the house is too loud.
i would give this to my daughter
following your blog as klp1965
This would mainly be for my younger son -- he calms dramatically with some level of semi-random noise blocking quieter distractions. On the other hand, when he starts stimming, tapping on his chin with both hands like machine-gun-fire, maybe ~I~ should be wearing this.
After watching our youngest son fall asleep within the rumble and roar at the Rock&Roll Hall Of Fame in Cleveland, I'm a firm believer in this whole concept of using controlled sound to mask distracting sounds. Thanks for the opportunity!
I would give this to my aunt who teaches at an autistic school.
mdhohn(at)msn(dot)com
I have been an Applied Behavioral Therapist for a six-year old boy with Autism for the past two years. I would give it to him to aide him in working with this diagnosis.
Post a Comment