Categories Tile Cards Review

Sunday, March 8, 2009

"Categories Game
An incredible bargain, get over 100 color tiles with table-top stand! $19.95 "


Different Roads to Learning is a website that sells products for teaching a child with autism. This is a great site. It is easy to navigate and the product pricing is reasonable. I have the categories game and love it. It is a visual aid that uses real pictures and not representations of the item. The picture of the item and the name of it is on one side, the other side has the outline of the category it falls in. Each category lead card is a little bigger than the ones that fall in that category. You also get a table top display with small, clear pockets to slip each card into.

My favorite aspect of this learning set is that the cards are extremely durable. They are thicker than card stock and do not require laminating. Although, if your child is particularly destructive with things, you may want to have the added protection of laminating the picture tiles. My son is a little tough on regular card stock paper pictures. Ok. I'll admit it. He destroys them. These pass my little destucto's fingers test. They have survived and I have not felt the need to laminate them for extra protection. I showed this set to his teacher, and let her borrow them. She even remarked that she was surprised at the quality of these picture cards.

You get a total of 100 cards and they cover categories ranging from fruit and animals to tools and insects. I love the fact that these cards are actually relevant to what we encounter in our lives. They are easy to store when you are done, too. There is a pocket on the back that the cards will fit into.

Different Roads to Learning has a variety of products available for purchase. Their products are geared towards teaching areas that most of us parents need a little extra help with. I recommend checking them for yourselves. Also, don't be surprised if you see more reviews for other products that this company sells.

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=efd97d1ec2b9f052d4d71216f85a691f ss_blog_claim=7ed72c83a68d9f2d5c811eae5436d4f4