By The Book: Caring for MY Kids Book Review

Saturday, February 7, 2009

This is such a great idea and I am so happy to be able to share it with all my readers. This book is a 3-ring binder and is divided into five sections. The primary function is to have all the information for your child/children organized in one place. It comes with multiple copies of each page, plus you can download more from their website. It was not created for special needs children, but I think it is a great organizational tool for us parents who juggle so much with our extra special children.

I always feel like I am forgetting to tell my parents something when I leave my kids with them for the weekend. Since I only do this a couple times a year, I have to go over everything with them. My son’s likes and dislikes vary, and I have to make sure they are up to date on them. I have to make lists of medicines and dosages.

This book allows you to log in all medical information. It has an area for specific likes and dislikes. If your child is anything like mine, you will need to use the back of the sheet to get them all down. Once you have the book completely filled out, you just need to keep it up to date. If there are forms in it you don’t need, you can take them out. This book is designed to act as a guide, you need to customize it for your family. I will be adding a place in it for my son’s IEP. This book is available on their site, www.bythebookkids.com.

Karen Berg, with Karmel Publishing has provided me with a discount to pass on to my readers. This is a coupon code for 25% off the price of the book. The code is BTBK7757, and it is case sensitive. You can purchase this book using the coupon code at www.bythebookkids.com.

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=efd97d1ec2b9f052d4d71216f85a691f ss_blog_claim=7ed72c83a68d9f2d5c811eae5436d4f4