
These are the Trans 400 Energy Flex adjustable roller derby skates. They have removable padding for the inside. Three adjustable sizes and quick locks instead of the shoelace ties used at the skating rinks. They are easy to get off and on for my son. That is a big selling point for me.
I love these skates because my son loves them. It didn't take him long to figure out how to get them on and off. He is skating independently. He is slow, but he improves each time he is on them. I was worried about buying these for him, but he really wanted them.
My son's coordination is not the best. I wasn't sure he would be able to do it. He surprised me and took right to it. I always tell myself to never say that he can't do something. The moment I do, then he certainly won't be able to. If I don't give him a chance, and believe in him, how is he going to believe in himself and try? I encourage him at all times, and when he "said" he wanted to learn how to skate, I went out and bought him these.
I recommend these skates to all mommies. It takes a little bit of patience at the beginning, if your child is anything like my boy. I also learned the first time he tried to skate out on our carport, that I have to wear shoes. That was a lesson I will not forget.

3 comments:
Yippee for your son! That is a big deal.
You're a brave one tackling that. I'm afraid mine are far to unco-ordinated to try that one just yet although I can see that the carpet option might be a good option.
Cheers
Is your son willing to wear the helmet and pads? My son hates the confined feelign of those things, so I am worried about letting him try to skate or ride a two wheeler without them!
Cathy
Post a Comment