Autism Awareness Twitter Day

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Yesterday was Autism Awareness Day on Twitter. It was great! The event was put together by Bonnie Sayers. She coordinated panel speakers and sponsors for prizes. This was an all day event on Twitter where you had the opportunity to chat with others about Autism and to ask experts questions specific to concerns about your child. I found that it was a great way to share information and stories with other parents who are in the same situation that I am.

The panel of speakers were Sue with Model Me Kids discussing social skills, Marlowe with Swingset Mamas discussing music, Sue with Community Association for Riding for the Disabled discussing riding therapy, Susan with Child Development Partners discussing executive functioning and parent coaching, and more... For a complete list, you can visit AutismFamily.

I was lucky enough to win two prizes yesterday. One was from My Precious Kid The child locator is available in brown or pink. Here are the specifications. Batteries are included - this is for children 1-7. and the other prize is a copy of Shelley the Snail software. Shelly’s, My First Computer Game is for children ages 3 to 6, introducing them to basic computer skills and then reinforcing those skills by engaging children in a richly animated interactive story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. In the Activity Center, children will enjoy seven, developmentally appropriate activities that reinforce computer skills while enhancing letter recognition, early reading, memory and critical thinking. This is from ABT Media. I look forward to getting these and using them with my son. I will also do a product review of both of them here on my blog letting you know what I think about them.

4 comments:

Bonnie sayers said...

Thanks for the nice overview post. I am hoping to get links from winners on their prize reviews and hooking them up on my blog.

Would be nice to have an hour get together on twitter to talk about prizes received.

EJ said...

its nice to know that there are supports from autism like your blog..

I am following your blog now..

 
ss_blog_claim=efd97d1ec2b9f052d4d71216f85a691f ss_blog_claim=7ed72c83a68d9f2d5c811eae5436d4f4