On-Task On-Time For Kids Giveaway From Timely Matters

Monday, June 28, 2010


Does your child have trouble staying on task? Does your child have difficulty with time management? Do you need to try a new system to help with both? Timely Matters, Inc. has come out with On·Task On·Time for Kids.

You can set up each disk for different times of the day. You can space out the stickers to give your child more time between activities. I visited their website to watch a video of how it works. It seems to be easy to carry around and the stickers on the rotating disc gives your child the visual cues he or she needs to help stay on task and on time. Plus, it shows what is coming up. It is a great way to give your child a portable schedule.

Timely Matters, Inc. will be giving one away to a lucky winner. The winner gets to choose if it will be for a boy or girl.

This giveaway starts now and will end July 13, 2010. You must be a US resident to win. Please leave your email with your entry comment.

Main Entry: Leave a comment telling me who you would give these to and why. (If this rule isn’t followed, no additional entries will count).

You can get extra entries by doing any or all of the below. Each entry needs to be a separate comment.

1 Extra Entry - Follow @taless on Twitter and leave your twitter id in a separate comment
* 1 Extra Entry - Twitter this giveaway and leave your twitter name in a separate comment (You can get up to one extra entry by tweeting each day and leaving a comment here each day.)
1 Extra Entry - Follow my blog and let me know in a separate comment
1 Extra Entry - Subscribe to my RSS feed via email and let me know in a separate comment
1 Extra Entry - Write a post on your blog linking to my blog, and let me know in a separate comment

39 comments:

Ang said...

I would get this for my son who has Aspergers. he has such a hard time finishing things after he starts them.

Grampy said...

My granddaughter would get it for sure. It would help keep her on task.

Anonymous said...

I think this would be great for my 5 year old. He very much likes routine and I think this would be a great visual aid to help him know what's coming next and prepare for it. Wish we would have had something so fun when my daughter was smaller.

Thanks for the great giveaway!
-Natalie

Lisa said...

I'd use it with my son. We've recently started using a regular timer to help him transition activities, and it does seem to help.
iluvchrisnlevi@aol.com

Anonymous said...

It would be a gift for my son who has autism. It would help him daily. I love your blog, it's awesome!

autism101@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

I've subcribed to your RSS feed via email. Thanks.

autism101@comcast.ent

cmp05b@hotmail.com said...

I would get this because I work for a child therapist in a downtown area, and we see a lot of parents bring in their children with autism simply because they need help figuring out how to best relate to their children. This would be a great tool to start that conversation.

Tallymomma said...

I would love to get one of these for my very visual learner. He is such a brilliant autistic child but had such difficulty in focusing.

Unknown said...

I would love one for my son who has autism! He is non verbal and tangible reminders are a must with him.

Anonymous said...

I would use this with my daughter as she has a hard time focusing and it would be helpful for her to visualize task time better.
cookiebonster(at)mac.com

Jennie Yuen said...

I would really like to give this for my little toddler for his upcoming birthday. He loves to learn and this looks like a great learning toy and would teach him how to get organized. Thanks for the wonderful giveaway. I hope to win this.

Kristen said...

I would give this to my nephew who has Aspergers.

kristen_yeh (at) yahoo (dot) com

Anne said...

I would use this on my son. He is autistic and it would be nice to have some structure in his routine.
annemolino athotmail dot com

Katrina said...

this would be for me to use with my daughter, she does not have autism but I still think it would help her with her SPD

ykatrina at hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

My nephew has SPD. One of the things that really helps him is his visual schedule. This would be even better than the poster!


Christie
ropp dot 5 at wright dot edu

Jeremy Brown said...

I would use this awesome visual support for my elementary autism classroom. I teach students in grades 2nd through 5th who have moderate to severe autism. The On-Task On-Time would be especially beneficial for those students who have difficulty with transitions between activities.

Jeremy Brown said...

I am following your blog using my Google/blogger ID (techieteacher at gmail).

Colleen said...

I would love to try this for my son who is 6 and staying on tasks that aren't hugely motivating for him is tough. Would love to see if this could help. Theguinness@verizon.net

crayolaswap said...

I would love this for my daughter. We are a homeschooling family and all three of us are trying to establish better routines. I think this would be really helpful. crayolaswap at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

I would love one to try in one of our special education classes. Once we evaluate it we can buy for other classes and recommend for parents to use at home.
Hindie

Peggy said...

My DIL would love this!! She has the kids and it would be great for them to finish their tasks! Thanks for this awesome giveaway!
matternu@gmail.com

Peggy said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/velvet1116/status/17668414401
matternu@gmail.com

Denise Meyer said...

We are teaching 4 children at home due to the area schools lack of ability to work with special children. 2 of the 4 children have learning disorders, ADHD, and lack of focus even on medications. I am ALWAYS asked, "What's next?", "What time is it?" or "When are we done?". This would Truly be a blessing to our family as they could "SEE" where they were literally each day!

 
ss_blog_claim=efd97d1ec2b9f052d4d71216f85a691f ss_blog_claim=7ed72c83a68d9f2d5c811eae5436d4f4