As my children were growing up, we did a lot of reading. I began, of course, by reading to them at bedtime. I would imitate different voices for the characters in the story. My children loved this and seemed to follow the story better because of my silliness which added interest for them and helped them separate the characters.
Books have always lifted my spirits. I can get lost in a good story anytime and enjoy myself. It was also one of the reasons I did better in English class and in spelling bees. The love of reading and using the imagination in faraway places got me a long way in school and in play.
Books are great for lonely children, great for a group of children, great to share or to use alone. Children can even read to their stuffed animals or to their pets, or to a younger sibling or grandparent. They can also make their own books and use them for a family show and tell or to make their own plays with at a special family function.
If you or your children are having a down day, pull out a good book to share, and it's sure to lift your spirits!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment