Autism Articles Only for Autism Awareness Month

Thursday, January 21, 2010




April is Autism Awareness Month. I want to do something that will make April different on blog compared to the rest of the year. Because of this, I have decided to not do any reviews or giveaways for the month of April. This will only be for the month of April. I will continue to have them before and after April.

I have been working on articles to run during the month of April that will be autism related. These articles will cover a variety of topics: speech therapy, occupational therapy, vaccines, special diets, safety, early intervention, signs of autism, and stories from parents about raising a child with autism. These stories will be my favorite articles of the month. They show how the experience of raising an autistic child differ from family to family. They show how each child is different. They also show how much love and strength a parent can have for their child. They remind me, and I hope will remind everyone, that we are not alone.

It is also my hope that individuals that are not familiar with autism will be able to visit my site during the month of April to learn about a variety of issues. Some may be controversial. I hope to enlighten and challenge everyone on as many aspects of autism as I can. I am still looking for some parents to share their stories. If you are interested, please email me at tammy@learningfelt.com.

3 comments:

Corrie Howe said...

I think this is a great idea. I've been collecting a lot of articles about autism...Twitters, FB and websites. I want to do some more serious articles too. If you are interested, I'd be willing to submit something to you, since you asked.

Neuro Aster (a.k.a. Jon Pear) said...

April is Autism Awareness Month

We are the targets of embarrassed wrath

We are a presence in the world around

Whether you fight us, or you’re just confused

This diagnosis is love’s oasis and hatred’s crisis

We live and die as eccentrics, punishing us is useless

We are uniqueness, we are breadth and depth

April is Autism Awareness Month

 
ss_blog_claim=efd97d1ec2b9f052d4d71216f85a691f ss_blog_claim=7ed72c83a68d9f2d5c811eae5436d4f4