
The big news going around surrounding the Zhu Zhu Pets (or ZuZu if you spell like my daughter) being recalled is a rumor. So far, they are not. As I have previously posted, the manufacture of Zhu Zhu Pets says that their toys are safe. They have issued a full statement about their product and testing procedures.
I started following this story yesterday, after my mother-in-law called me and said that she had heard on the news that this new favorite toy was toxic. GoodGuide reported that their testing showed toxic levels of two contaminants in the toys. Ceppia, LLC denies these allegations and states that their toys are safe.
The question is, do you feel safe giving your child a Zhu Zhu Pet? My kids have one and several of the habitat sets. They love them. I can not take away this beloved toy based on GoodGuides testing. If other toy testers come out with the same findings, I would be more inclined to take my children's favorite toy away from them.
For now, I believe that these critters are safe. As long as my kids don't put them in their mouth, (which they don't) I don't see how they could be harmful.

0 comments:
Post a Comment