
It was so hard to get him to play with MoonSand. He has extreme sensory aversion issues with his fingers. After repeatedly introducing this to him and making him "play", he started to like the feel of the moonsand. He now really loves running his fingers through it.

24 comments:
I'm glad he started to enjoy it. I've heard great things about Moon Sand.
We had some moonsand (not sure what happened to it). It smells much better than Play-Doh - blach...
I'm glad he likes it now!
That's great that he is into the moonsand and trying something new. Good for you!!
That's awesome! Great photo! Happy WW!
It's the small successes that are so rewarding!
Happy WW !
Connecticut Fall Farmstands - Wordless Wednesday
Yay! I like the feel of my fingers in sand, too. How does he do with playdoh? I make my own for my little visitors, and I confess to playing when they do.
That's wonderful! I don't blame him. Sand reminds me of an exotic island which is much more pleasant than the Alaskan winter I'm about face. I'm glad he enjoyed his sand table!:)
That's great he found something he can enjoy! :)
How awesome! I love that he loves playing with it now. :)
That is sooo awesome that he now likes the Moon Sand. My son likes Moon sand also.
Grandma sent MoonSand last year for Christmas. That stuff is evil. It gets EVERYWHERE. I prefer PlayDoh.
Good for him! :)
I had thought about getting moonsand, as I know a couple of my kids would love it. But I'm concerned my severe kiddos would put it in their mouths, so I've put it off for now.
YEAH! that is a great accomplishment! Gannon hated moon sand as well. we have to work on him touching stuff everyday in order to build up his tolerance. Now, he knows as soon as he sees it he has to touch it :) I wouldn't really say he likes it, but he is doing much better!
That sensory table looks VERY cool!
It looks like he's having a great time now that he's gotten over the texture!
You are right, Amanda. It does get all over everything. That's the one thing I don't like about it. However, it's worked really great as a therapy tool for my son. He doesn't make that much of a mess with it and I have him use it on the kitchen table. My daughter, on the other hand, makes a huge mess. She too is only allowed to play with it on the kitchen table, but she always manages to get it everywhere in the room.
So glad to hear he's now enjoying it! Moon Sand only lasted a day around here before it was in absolutely everything!
That's wonderful...good for him!
I can't stand the texture of that stuff, so I know where he's coming from! I am glad it's helping with his therapy.
So happy for you and him!
Kasandria
Glad he likes it. I've heard its super messy though.
Moon sand is fun! Dakota use to love it! I don't remember what happened to ours. I don't think Dakota like it at first either.
Looks fun!
I'm stopping by to thank you for taking part in the comment challenge this month. Take care.
I'm glad he has started to enjoy the Moon Sand. We tried Moon Sand once! My kids made too big of a mess, LOL!
Aw that's great to hear. My 4 year old wants some moonsand but we haven't gotten any yet.
Brandy
Post a Comment