
6 Image Creativity Coloring Kit Plastic Toaster
Black (CT-819CCKB) White (CT-819CCKW)
Plates included: double hearts, flower pot, Luv U, snowflake, smile face, birthday cake
Remember my Tasty Baker Review and Giveaway? Well, the company approached me about trying another product. This time, instead of a review and giveaway, they wanted my feedback about how their products could benefit the autism community.
I agreed and requested that they send me the Creativity Coloring Kit Plastic Toaster set. I felt that this would be a great product to try with my 10 year old son. My son’s writing skills are just starting to develop. He is ten, and it just goes to show that it is never too late for him to learn something new. He has sensory issues with his fingers and visual motor processing issues. When using a pencil, his grip and use of the writing utensil is very tentative.
I am going to do a once a week post about how my son does with the Coloring Kit. Instead of doing a one post review, we thought it would be nice to document his progress. I introduced this to my son Saturday. I used the flower and smile face stencils. He liked having bread with these pictures stenciled into them. The coloring pens that come with this set are food coloring pens. They require more pressure to apply the color to the bread than my son is willing to do at this time. I expected this. I am hoping, in time, that coloring his toast and then eating it will be enough of a work/reward system to get him to make progress in this area.
I look forward to the coming weeks. It will be interesting to see how my son progresses with his fine motor skills by using the Creativity Coloring Kit and Plastic Toaster as an OT tool. I have attached a picture of my son’s first attempt at using this below. I have also included a picture of my daughter’s first attempt. (My daughter is 6 year old and NT) Can you tell which is which?

2 comments:
What a wonderful idea! I hope it helps your son. I may want to get one of those for my two year old, just because he would love it... but then he might try painting bread with non edible things, so that might not be a good idea. Fun though.
This is a GREAT idea! My student would love this. This would really help his fine motor skills and he'd be exited about it too. It also might help him to eat sandwiches.
Post a Comment