Welcome to AutismLearningFelt Shawnee

Monday, August 3, 2009


I am happy to have Shawnee, from I Can Do It, joining this blog as an author. I think she provides a new perspective for all of my readers. I also think that she is very brave for taking on the subject of Autism. Shawnee admits that she is starting off with almost no knowledge of this subject that is so close to my heart. She has taken on the challenge of learning everything she can about it and sharing that knowledge here.

Shawnee is undertaking a great journey. I remember when I knew nothing about Autism. I, like so many parents, was forced into discovering everything I could. Unlike me, Shawnee doesn't have a personal relationship with anyone diagnosed with Autism. She has volunteered to learn about it and us.

Please, welcome Shawnee to my blog. It is my hope that she will find support and kindness in the comments left on her posts. We always say that life would be better if more people would take the time to learn about Autism. That can only happen one person at a time. If Shawnee can inspire just one person to start their own journey of knowledge, then she will have accomplished a very special thing. If you haven't read her first post here at Autism Learning Felt, here is the Link.

7 comments:

theothermousie said...

Welcome Shawnee! We're all still learning about Autism really - that's why it's so important that we learn together. Hope to see you around x

Bloggymommy said...

Welcome Shawnee! I look forward to reading your thoughts, opinions and tips! :)

Cat@3KidsandUs said...

I think that is really wonderful. More parents, myself included should take the time to learn about conditions that affect so many people.

 
ss_blog_claim=efd97d1ec2b9f052d4d71216f85a691f ss_blog_claim=7ed72c83a68d9f2d5c811eae5436d4f4