I miss the days when you could find a good show to watch every night of the week. Shows like Touched By An Angel, 7th Heavan, Scarecrow and Mrs. King. There were shows you wanted to watch after the kids went to bed, like NYPD Blue, ER, Stargate SG-1 and Crossing Jordan and The West Wing. Now you have Survior, 30 Rock, Big Brother II, The Office, and The Bachelorette. Do you really want to watch these shows? Do you want your kids watching them?
There are some good shows coming out now. TNT has started running some great shows after the kids go to bed. ABC has come out with two new comedies for Friday nights. CBS has NCIS, currently showing on Tuesdays and is in re-runs. I love Mark Harmon. I love the drama and comedy in this show, but their last episode of this past season was dark. I think they are getting away from the original formula of the show and ended their season below the standards I had come to expect from them.
Another great show is Bones on Fox. Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz are great together. I loved their season finale. We got to see the two of them together as a couplle in a way that will not spoil their relationship on the show. The show isn't appropriate for young children. Luckily, in my house, bed time is half and hour before it comes on. I also enjoy the differnt CSI's. CSI New York, Miami are running great, but the original CSI has lost it's appeal. When William Peterson left the show, the show lost it's heart.
I am getting tired of some of these reality shows. Survivor has to be the worse. What is so fascinating about peole living on an island or some other isolated location, eating bugs and worms. Yuck! I love Wipe Out, hate the Bachellor and Bachelorette series, and Big Brother. I love So You Thing You Can Dance and American Idol, but do not care for America's Got Talent.
Well, I don't think this is going to keep up. Slowly, quality television shows are coming back. I look forward to the fall season. I hope that there wll be even more choices of good family programs and quality dramas. If not, I can continue to watch my old favorites in re-runs on cable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
The content on TV has gotten bad. Survivor was great the 1st few seasons but come on it's getting OLD. I love watching the first and last of American Idol and I do think America's Got Talent can be good. I do miss how good the content of TV us to be. More than this though I can't stand the commercials for male enhancement and such that come on in the EARLY evening. I don't want to have to explain that to our daughter before she's in school. GEESH! Have a blessed day!!
Well, I'm a junkie for reality shows...I admit it! And The Office and 30 Rock are both really funny. I can't wait for Lost to come back though!
I also love to watch Forensic Files on True Tv.
To be honest I never watched the shows that you mentioned.
Reality shows are very nice to see ,but often they mislead and sometimes you see children being put in difficult situation in immitating their action.Now a days television has become source of advertising and that too of some ridiculous one's of condoms and other as mentioned by leonard .Well we have to be habituated with that all if we wish to watch TV now.
Anyways nice one keep it up,
TNT shows: Leverage and The Closer USA shows: Royal Pains, In Plain Sight and Burn Notice
reality shows: SYTYCD, Top Chef, Chopped, Project Runway
Those are my favorites. I generally don't watch ABC, CBS, NBC and I only watch FOX for SYTYCD
I LOVE Lost, Heroes, House and 24. Although 24 and Heroes suffer now and then. The Office and Scrubs are our favorite comedy; it grew on us.
Love Idol and America's Got Talent, but wish there was less focus on the auditions - especially with Talent - seems like as much time is spent on the auditions as the rest of the show.
Used to watch Bones, but it's been against Lost in the past, and now it's on when we're working on bedtime.
A few of my favorite shows suffered and got canceled because of the writers strike. Dirty Sexy Money was especially good, and until it jumped the shark, Pushing Daisies was great!
Post a Comment