Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil Review and Giveaway Closed

Saturday, May 30, 2009





I was sent a jar of Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil to review on my blog. I had never used coconut oil before and was looking forward to it. Coconut oil is healthier to use in your cooking and baking. It is also an accepted ingredient to use in GFCF cooking. The Gold Label Virgin Coconut oil is an unrefined coconut oil made from organic coconuts. It is full of antioxidants, no trans fats and certified organic according to USDA standards.

What do I think of it? I was worried that my food would taste like coconuts. I used some to make pancakes, using a recipe out of The Kid – Friendly ADHD & Autism Cookbook. I tasted one without any syrup and it tasted just like a pancake should. I could not detect the taste of coconut in my pancakes. I was very happy with the results.

My family enjoyed them, too. Below are some pictures I took to show how much my son enjoyed his. The first one is him with his plate full. The next one is my son finishing his pancakes. Last, but not least, is my son eating my pancakes that he snagged while I was putting the camera away after taking the “finished” picture. That in itself tells me a lot. I did manage to get my plate back. It didn’t take long before he was full. After all, he had already finished his plate of pancakes.
















This Giveaway is for 1 Qt. jar of Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil and will run from May 30, 2009 to June 12, 2009. The winners will be announced on June 13, 2009. This giveaway is for USA only. Below are rules for entering this giveaway. Good luck.


• MAIN RULE – Leave a comment telling me why you want to win (remember if this rule is not followed then no others will count) This gives you one entry.

For additional entries, you can do any or all of the following:

• 1 Extra Entry - Stumble this post and leave your Stumble name (I will be checking) in a separate comment
• 1 Extra Entry - Favorite AutismLearningFelt on Technorati and leave your name (I will be checking) in a separate comment
* 1 Extra Entry - Twitter this giveaway and leave your twitter name in a separate comment
• 1 Extra Entry - Follow my blog let me know in a separate comment
* 1 Extra Entry - Put my blog button on your site and let me know in a separate comment
• 2 Extra Entries - Write a post on your blog linking to my blog, and let me know in a separate comment

118 comments:

Marce said...

Hello, I have just been learning the benefits of coconut oil and would love to win this. I have fibromyalgia and try everything I hear of that might help with managing it, so if I win it would be easier to try it out. Have you heard about using it as face and body moisturizer? As I said I have not tried it but it would sure be better than chemical ridden lotions bought at stores.
marce_hall@yahoo.com

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

I use their coconut oil already, so this would help my grocery bill a little if I won! ;)

VickieB said...

I actually just bought some while on sale, but winning a jar sure would help to test it out for it's health benefits.

VickieB said...

Tweet vlbsweeps http://twitter.com/vlbsweeps/status/1974379772

also my stumble name is vlbsweeps

Bonnie sayers said...

Both my sons love pancakes and I have heard of Coconut ice cream being very tasty, but cannot bring myself to try it.

We also have the ADHD/autism kid friendly cookbook and I would like to try making something also with the coconut oil.

This would be for my family's use to try.

~ April ~ EnchantedDandelions said...

I've been wanting to try coconut oil for the longest time, but have been putting it off due to the cost. If I won this, I'll probably fall in love with it and start buying it regularly. :)

Tinkerbell0124 said...

I am in the process of going GFCF. Any way to save some money doing it is great!

VickieB said...

blogged 1 http://vickieb52.blogspot.com/2009/05/bloggy-giveaways_30.html

VickieB said...

blogged 2 http://vickieb52.blogspot.com/2009/05/bloggy-giveaways_30.html

valerie2350 said...

1
http://sweeps4bloggers.blogspot.com/2009/05/autismlearningfelt-tropical-traditions.html

valerie2350 said...

2
http://sweeps4bloggers.blogspot.com/2009/05/autismlearningfelt-tropical-traditions.html

Lois S said...

I heard that it is good for general health and a natural way to control cholesterol

Suann47 said...

I want to try this for all the health benifits I have heard about!

Anonymous said...

I have used coconut oil sparingly in the past as I did not realize it was a healthy item, I looked at it much like another heavy oil. This is enlightening.

Nora
neneelynn@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I want to win this because I am tired of using of unhealthy vegetable oils.

lindaw said...

I want to win this because I have skin problems like excema and I hear it s good for skin! I am sensitive to chemcials in products. My husband had high cholestrol, high BP and diabetes so Im sure it would be better for him too.

Alison said...

I like to eat as healthily as possible, and this oil sounds like a good way to do that!

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

have never used but have been told to try and use it in recipes and for overall healthy eating so would love to try

Sue said...

I've heard such great things about coconut oil. I'd love to try it! It sounds like it might make my food taste better, too.

Tes283 said...

My mother has started to use coconut oil and loves it.
She cooks with it. Uses it as a spread. Even puts it on her dry skin to heal the skin.
This would be given to my ma to help her.
Thank you.

Erika said...

We haven't cooked with it a lot but my daughter and I use quite a bit of it on our hair and skin. We'll have to try some of the recipes when we win!

Laney said...

I'm always looking for ways to make my cooking healthier, so I'd love to try this. Thanks : )

savethemasses@hotmail.com

Lois S said...

1 blogged
http://ljsin2win.blogspot.com/2009/06/enter-to-win-tropical-traditions.html

sweepmom said...

My father in law has recently told us about the benefits of coconut oil. I would love to try some for myself.

Amber said...

I have never tried coconut oil, but would love to and make a healthy lifestyle change for me and my family.
Amedei Chuao

Elizabeth said...

I'd love to try this! Joshua is very tiny (3rd percentile) and so I try to add olive oil and other healthy fats to his foods, this would be great to try!

pdxbabysigns at gmail dot com

tatertot374 said...

I would love to win this. This is definitely healthier and I bet just tastes so much butter. Thank you for the chance! I love the pictures!
tatertot374@sbcglobal.net

Joannie said...

I never knew that coconut oil was such a nutritious oil to use. We try to eat healthy using whole foods, and this sounds fantastic.
Thanks for the giveaway.
hi_joan_elliott(at)hotmail(dot)com

Nica0326 said...

You learn something everyday. I would love to win this and start trying it.

Elkaye said...

I love coconut oil. I use it when I cook, but I use it as a moisturizer for my hair and skin.

Right now I'm running a bit low on coconut oil, so it would be great to win some!

elkaye[at]gmail[dot]com

Elkaye said...

I tweeted (username is Elkaye): http://twitter.com/Elkaye/status/2021435029

elkaye[at]gmail[dot]com

Elkaye said...

I faved on technorati (username is Elkaye)

elkaye[at]gmail[dot]com

Gloria's Bits and Pieces said...

This sounds so yummy and frangrant that I can smell it already! I would absolutely love to win this! I do not spend money on these things with twin boys and a daughter. Thanks for a chance!
kngmckellar@hotmail.com

Sunnyvale said...

I like the claims to good health and would like to test it in my family.

magic5905 said...

I would love to try this. I heard it's even better then olive oil. Thanks. magic5905@embarqmail.com

Deborah Wellenstein said...

I want to win because I never heard of cooking with coconut oil, so I would like to try it. Thank you!

Carol EL said...

I haven't tried Coconut Oil yet,but I've read a lot about it's health benefits,so enter me in the giveaway.

clynsg said...

Actually, I would like to win because I am curious about how using coconut oil would be different than other oils. Have been reading about it recently, but haven't tried any yet.

clynsg at yahoo.com

Gina said...

I am familiar with the benefits of coconut oil and would love to win a jar. I lost my job in January and don't have room in my budget for this delight.

cl said...

I'm always encouraging my family to eat healthy, but I have never used coconut oil. I'd like to win it so I could try it and increase antioxidants.

Danielle said...

I would love to win it so we could try it for its health benefits.

ldsmom2201 at yahoo dot com
http://juanshappywife.blogspot.com
http://homeschoolunitstudies.blogspot.com

purplegengar said...

I would like to try using it to pop popcorn because I heard that coconut oil makes awesome tasting popcorn

Lois S said...

2. I blogged
http://ljsin2win.blogspot.com/2009/06/enter-to-win-tropical-traditions.html

janetfaye said...

I want to win because I have not tried Coconut Oil but I would love to.

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

Anonymous said...

i would love to try this......i have a 14yr old autistic son


cpsnsamples@aol.com

Candie L said...

We are trying to cook with different spices and oils. this would give us something else new to try. thank you

candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com

Marianna said...

I'd never heard of coconut oil before but I LOVE coconut flavored things and this would be awesome to be able to try in our home!

Anonymous said...

I have heard that this is great to make body scrubs out of in addition to cooking with. I'd love to try it out.

hebert024 at aol dot com

Melissa O. said...

I would love to try it for it's health benefits! I love coconut and it's really awesome that the oil can be used in cooking as a healthy alternative to others.

Traumajunky said...

I am always looking to try new products and ones that have a health benefit. I was not aware of how wonderful coconut oil is for your body but also to use in cooking.

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to try it because I've heard of its health benefits, but I've always been deterred by the cost at the store. SO this would be great to win, thank you so much!

luckymegs1981 AT yahoo DOT com

andrea v said...

I've been reading about coconut oil and would love to try it. We;ve really been trying to count calories and eat healthier

Sheila R said...

I want to win because I have been wanting to try coconut oil.
ilovebabynoah707@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Coconut oil is the best to use.
bleushman@hotmail.com

heaventrees said...

I want to win because I use coconut oil but it is not of the quality of Tropical Traditions. I would love to try it.

Anonymous said...

I would love to win cause coconut oil is soothing.
erma.hurtt@sbcglobal.net

Pamela S said...

After looking at their site, I was amazed at all the health benefits that Coconut oil has and how much better theirs is than other brands.

Plus I love the flavor of coconut and some of the recipes you could make with it sounded so yummy...like the coconut shrimp!

Thanks!
pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

Michael said...

I've used numerous types of oils but until recently wasn't even aware of the availability and benefits of coconut oil. Now that this oil has my attention, curiosity and interest I would love to try it! :)

mcj4tlj@comcast.net

Aisling said...

I've been reading some very good things about the benefits of coconut oil and would love to have the opportunity to try it.

Kate said...

I would like to try coconut oil compared to other oils I use, maybe it will improve my cooking!

imaclutz89 said...

I am all about eating healthy and love to cook. This would go great in my meals to make them healthier!

Maryann said...

I follow - I'd love to have you follow me too. I also write about autism and do some giveaways myself
http://matthewspuzzle.blogspot.com

Maryann said...

I would like to win because my oldest son is autistic and we use a lot of coconut oil. I fry eggs in it in a stainless steel pan and it works better than any other oil I've used. Keep up the good work with your blog. Love to have you stop by mine. I blog about autism too.
http://matthewspuzzle.blogspot.com

Happi Shopr said...

I would love to win and see if coconut oil will help with my hypothyroidism and adult onset acne. trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

tlcfromtn said...

I have been reading about the benefits and would love to try it for myself. Thanks!

braaisjo at gmail dot com

wendy wallach said...

I want to win this because I heard it is a very healthy thing to use.

madamerkf at aol dot com

Unknown said...

I love coconut oil and use it for most cooking, so I want to win so I can save a little money when I need more coconut oil.

Anonymous said...

All the great uses, from beuty to cooking. I've always wanted to try oil pulling with coconut oil.

Thank you so much for the chance to finally get my hands on some!

katco64 at aol.com

taylorbagels said...

Id like to try coconut oil as I never had thats why I want to win.
electricisland(at)gmail.com

JoAnn said...

I would like to win because I actually never tried coconut oil. I love that it's organic and loaded with antioxidants.

Emily N. said...

I want to win because I've never tried coconut oil before but I keep hearing great things about it.
email in profile

Unknown said...

We love Coconut Oil- for cooking and for popcorn! If you cook it in the oil no need to add anything but a bit of salt and it is the best popcorn you ever ate.
I have not tried this brand before, but I would love to see if there really is such a big difference.

Unknown said...

I follow your blog.

Also- I just don't have the time to keep up with the blog giveaways any more but want to continue supporting them so I added a permanent Mr. Linky, if you would like to add your giveaways you are welcome to.
http://www.myloonyverse.com/2008/09/giveaways-you-might-enjoy.html

Liz Mays said...

I like how it's liquid and solid. One could replace it for butter in a recipe then.
doot65[at]comcast{dot}com

Liz Mays said...

I tweeted here: http://twitter.com/bloggytreasures/status/2134174150

Sarah Z said...

I want to win because I have heard that coconut oil is better for you and is good for you too!
Thanks
Sarah
believedreamcourage (at) gmail.com

Brooke said...

I've (or we) have been trying to eat healthier... Our daughter has some medical issues and I am trying to use more friendly natural products... with all the uses Coconut oil has how could someone not want to use some... Plus GLV CO is suppose to be better than others because they still hand process it.. weeshenanigans (at) gmail (dot) com

Anonymous said...

Coconut Oil is a big hit in our house! Especially when I was diagnosed with lupus. I knew I needed to start eating healthier, and low fat. Winning would be great and lighten our grocery bill a tad!

juxtaposedpink@gmail.com

Brian E. said...

Thanks for the giveaway... Grapeseed oil and Coconut oil are the last on my list of healthy oils I have yet to try in the kitchen; I have read good things about this oil, that it is rich in lauric acid, a nutrient that supports the body’s immune system.

senorpiero [at] yahoo [dot] com

Caroline F said...

I made some curry with this at a friend's house once and I've been wanting some of my own ever since!

fishercl at email dot unc dot edu

 
ss_blog_claim=efd97d1ec2b9f052d4d71216f85a691f ss_blog_claim=7ed72c83a68d9f2d5c811eae5436d4f4