Life According To My Son

Friday, May 15, 2009

I swear this is what he is thinking, even though he has not "said" it to me.

1. Listen to Mommy explain why I can't have my old blankets on my bed and type in "OK" on keypad. When she leaves the room, go get them out of the closet.

2. If I keep trying to get something I want, she'll eventually say yes.

3. Wait until no one is looking and go for it.

4. The lights in the kitchen and dining room both have to be either on or off.

5. If my sister takes one of my cards out of my hand and throws it on the floor, I need to throw all of them on the floor.

6. If my sister is in the bathroom, I need to turn the light off.

Life is never dull around here.

1 comments:

Liz said...

Hi there

Well that's an eye-opener and hilarious. My daughter Michelle is now 10 she was diagnosed with Autism just before she turned three but had a year of assessment before with her Pediatrician Dr Mike. Overall now Michelle is doing really well but when she was younger that was a different outlook

When she was five she told me that Skeletons needed little kids to stay alive - hard to keep a straight face with that one believe me. At one stage she wanted to collect bones so in the end I gave her a plastic skeleton and a book that kept her happy. Then one day she decided that she was 'obsticing too much' as in obsessing. I have Aspergers myself but because I was brought up in a large family and my parents treated me as normal I've overcome it - apart from my bad habit of putting my trees in straight lines. I'm using a hose now to create curves. Michelle I have bought up as normal while making allowances where necessary. I've just written a post on my blog as well about Autism from my point of view as Mum and someone with ASD. Great blog I love how you're promoting play to help ASD children and their families. It works. And it isn't hopeless ASD can be overcome it just takes patience, persistence and time combined with lots of love.

Great post
Take care
Liz NZ

PS Thanks for the follow on Twitter

 
ss_blog_claim=efd97d1ec2b9f052d4d71216f85a691f ss_blog_claim=7ed72c83a68d9f2d5c811eae5436d4f4