
The Pathway to Wellness by Glenn Doman & the Staff of The Institutes for the Achievement of Human Potential, is a short book that tells you what you need to know, what to do and what not to do when working with a child with disabilities such as Autism, cerebral palsy, attention deficit and more. The institute is located in Pennsylvania and treats children there and they also have a program that can teach a parent to implement their program at home.
The book contains pretty standard information for an “old hat” at working with their child’s disability. It is a nice resource for a “newby.” They have other books and products that you can purchase online at www.iahp.org. Along with the review of the book above, I was able to review the Bit of Intelligence cards and a Picture Dictionary CD-ROM.
The Bit of Intelligence cards are sets of 11” x 11” pictures with 12 cards in each set. Each set covers a different topic. Some of the topics they have are insects, inventors, instruments, primates and birds. There are a total of 25 sets available on their online store. In each set, there is one summary card. The summary card has all the pictures in the set on one side and all the facts on the other. There are 11 individual cards that have a picture on one side and ten facts about it on the other side.
I love the instruments and primates sets. These are two of my son’s favorite things to learn about. He loves these cards and is already learning from them. The other item I reviewed was a Picture Dictionary CD-ROM. My son enjoyed it, because of how fast the pictures cycle through. I don’t like it, for the same reason. I think it should be slower, he doesn’t. I guess we don’t have to agree on everything. I would have liked this better if I could actually print the pictures out, but I guess that is why they have the Bit of Intelligence cards. If your child is like mine, and bores easily and quickly, is highly intelligent, you might like this CD-ROM.
The Bit of Intelligence cards are good for any child, of any age. I highly recommend them. If you home school your child, you might find the CD-ROM beneficial. You can view the sets of cards available, along with their other products, at www.iahp.org. If you already have them or one of their Picture Dictionary CD-ROMs, please let me know your opinion in the comment posts.

0 comments:
Post a Comment