Healing Thresholds

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I wanted to pass on information to all my readers about the Healing Thresholds website. This is a great resource for parents to learn anything and everything about Autism. I really appreciated their page New Diagnosis of Autism. The first paragraph echoes what I tell parents who's child was just diagnosed with Autism.
The diagnosis of autism can be earth shattering, and the period after the diagnosis may be difficult. Do your best to focus on the love you have for your child and think about what you can do for your child today - try not to be overwhelmed by your fears of the future. You may have read and heard many scary predictions and stories, but no one knows your child's future. You can help create that future now by the actions that you take. You are on the threshold of a journey to heal you child, and we hope that Healing Thresholds can help you.


I also found the list of therapies and the explanations extremely helpful. There are so many out there. I remember spending weeks researching as many as I could. I wish I had known of this site back then. Another resource found on this site is the Community center . This includes blogging access, forums, and collective information sharing or wikis. There are many other resources, including scientific evidence research, weekly therapy ebriefs, latest news about autism, and more.

I recommend this site for mothers who need an all-in-one online resource. The advice and information provided are well written and objective. Your choices of therapies that are available are presented as your choice, not a necessity. I found this to be refreshing. I am still struggling with whether or not I am doing enough for my son. I know I am doing what my family can afford, and more. The hardest part for me is drawing the line and saying "Enough is Enough". It was reasuring to read
As a parent, you have three precious resources: time, money, and love. We offer this Web site to help you draw on these resources in the most efficient way in order to help your child.
Healing Thresholds understands that parents are not miracle workers and we have to make the most of our three precious resources.

2 comments:

Holly Elizabeth-Jean said...

I hope it is ok, but I added you to my blogroll (links) on my blog.

http://singlemotherofautism.today.com

 
ss_blog_claim=efd97d1ec2b9f052d4d71216f85a691f ss_blog_claim=7ed72c83a68d9f2d5c811eae5436d4f4