Spinmaster Moon Sand Castle Play Set

Monday, December 8, 2008



The Spinmaster Moon Sand Castle Play Set is a favorite at my house. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love how good it has been for my son and I hate the mess. My son has tactile defensiveness with his fingers and hands. When we first got this, he wanted nothing to do with it. I introduced it to him slowly. Getting the sand on his fingers seemed to be the equivalent to torture. Gradually, he was able to tolerate it. Now, he will sit for hours and sift through the sand while watching his movies.

It took us a month to get him to that point. My daughter loves it too. I had to go out and get a second one so that both of them could sit at the table and play. If you are not familiar with Moonsand, let me try to describe it to you. It is almost the consistency of moist sand. It doesn't dry out. It is not as easy to mold as the commercials make it seem. It comes in different colors and makes a big mess. I only let my children play with at the kitchen table.

We have had our sets for two years now. I have replaced the sand in them twice. My children love playing with Moonsand and I have found it to be very thereautic for my son. I do recommend this, as long as you don't mind cleaning up after they are done playing.

1 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=efd97d1ec2b9f052d4d71216f85a691f ss_blog_claim=7ed72c83a68d9f2d5c811eae5436d4f4